What is iBiome-Wetland: School Edition?
- A special edition for classrooms based on the five-time award-winning educational game/app iBiome-Wetland
- Build bio-domes from scratch and interact with food webs
- Discover relationships between 54 organisms in their wetland ecosystems
- Learn the role of each species within the biodome, and how they affect each other
- Alter a species’ population and observe its effects on the rest of the food web
- Challenge students to make their virtual habitats flourish with life
What do teachers think?
“This smartly designed environmental sim lets kids explore three wetland habitats. By drawing connections between different species and creating a web, kids learn about producers and consumers, and about predator/prey relationships.” – Common Sense Education, Best Learning Apps
“iBiome-Wetland is a beautifully designed and well-researched game that engages students quickly.” – Mike Farley, Gr. 7 Science Teacher at University of Toronto Schools
“See what happens when you add extra of one species to your biome. Students will see right away how species depend on one another and how easy it is for an ecosystem to get off-balance.” – American Association of School Librarians, Best Teaching and Learning App
How does this game align with Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards?
- iBiome-Wetland: School Edition aligns with Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Help your students establish strong scientific reading skills at a grade 6-8 level
- Introduce your students to ecosystem interaction and dynamics to provide a foundation for future biological concepts