Encourage students to be the environmental stewards with the right learning tool
What iBiome series can bring to your students
“iBiome-Ocean is dense with information and kids may be overwhelmed if they try to absorb too much in a single sitting, but like a good interactive e-book, this app invites many return visits in which enthusiastic young marine biologists continue to learn more about their favorite species. “
“iBiome-Ocean allowed my students to discover how food chains and webs work because they could manipulate them using what they read in their science textbooks. I have taught for 38 years, and this is one of the best products to teach ecology that I have used. It teaches students the phenomena of real-life food webs.”
“The iBiome games bring the science curriculum to life! Building food chains and observing changes in food chains as species are added to each dome really helped my students understand ecosystem interactions. While playing, the children often comment on loving the scientist, they marvel at pictures of the real-life organisms, and are proud of themselves after completing a dome. The iBiome games are a fun addition to my science classroom.”
“This smartly designed environmental sim lets kids explore three wetland habitats. By drawing connections between different species and creating a web, kids learn about producers and consumers, and about predator/prey relationships.”
Awards and Recognition
What Students Learned From Their Play
- "Most Part I Liked Was When I Added Animals And Got Many Badges, The Badges Were Hard To Get And The Most Fun "
- "It taught a lot more than I learned from our textbook. It got me thinking a lot.”
- "I think it does help you learn about the ecosystem. I think it helps because you learn best when you are having fun. This game was very entertaining, so I paid more attention to it and learned more.”
- "I learned about overfishing and problems associated with the less wildlife."
- "I liked matching the icons to the predator, prey, producer, e.t.c sections because it taught me the most.”
- "I learned that the ocean is full of creatures and that because we are creating global warming and we are over fishing all the sea creatures have to die or adapt to what's going on. "